Sunday 26 June 2011

A Practical Solution

Speaking purely as a collector,a major contributor to marital harmony is where and how to house my pipe collection in an acceptable fashion!
As some of the regular readers of the Blog will know,I had previously incurred the wrath of 'she who must be obeyed'.My previous solution for pipe storage was not acceptable and promised an ongoing war of attrition.

After many weeks of mental trauma and limited conversation,I came up with an acceptable solution.I showed my good lady an example of a Peterson storage solution,in the form of one of their 12 pipe storage cartridges.

I assured her that I would divert my meagre allowance toward the purchase of enough of these to house the majority of my current Peterson collection.
After many months of sacrifice and curtailment of more regular capital spending on Peterson pretties,I have now broken the back of this impediment to my pleasure.
After purchasing 25 of these cartridges I now have some degree of my former matrimonial harmony.Coupled to a reduction in regular dusting and cleaning and the bonus of fewer cases of stem oxidation.I think this practical solution has been worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Nicely done Jim! The next step could be a custom made wood cabinet with narrow spaced shelves to accept the individual cartridges. This way you could have easy access to any pipes no matter where their location in the stack. It would be a handsome and functional addition to your pipe storage area.

    Regards,
    Mike

    ReplyDelete