Friday 24 June 2011

A golden Opportunity.


A golden Opportunity.

I was recently given the opportunity to purchase a brand new, top of the range, Peterson Gold Straight Grain pipe, at a much reduced price. Usually these quality pipes are retailing for around $500-$800.It is a fine example of the Holy Grail of modern-era Peterson pipes- the Straight Grain.

While the Supreme is Peterson's highest grade in their standard line, the Straight Grain is by far the rarest and most sought-after grade that Peterson produces ... and they make only a handful, if that, a year. You cannot special-order a pipe in this grade, and you will seldom see them being advertised or at any pipe shows - they are just not available.

This particular pipe is a gold mounted straight grain Peterson XL14 pipe,similar in shape to the Sherlock Holmes 'Deerstalker'. The pipe has a slight imperfection(spot) on the gold band and is therefore regarded as a 2nd quality. You will note in the photos that the imperfection is almost imperceptible.

I still think I got a very beautiful pipe at the bargain price of $345.It is a rare opportunity to own a true high grade Peterson. Not a golden opportunity to be passed by.

Photos below.
 


2 comments:

  1. I think that pipe is a real find, Jim. I've long admired that shape (along with the 268) and I think yours is a sterling example—pun intended. I'm curious to know who offered you the deal, but I recognize that you may not be at liberty to say. In either case, good on you and well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom please send me an e-mail

    ReplyDelete