Wednesday 25 May 2011

Latest Patent for the Museum.

This is my latest addition to my 'museum' collection of older Pete's.
The pipe is impressed PETERSONS PATENT  to the shaft and is fitted with a silver band stamped K&P , Peterson, Dublin, and Irish hallmarks for Dublin 1920.Fitted with a push in Army mount black vulcanite mouthpiece.
It is a small pipe and was described by the seller as possibly being a ladies pipe.Personally I doubt that it was,I have several Patents from that period that are quite small.Given that the average man was much smaller at that time ,I think it was more likely intended for a predominately male market as a convenient Vest/Waistcoat pipe,which was a very popular form of dress at this time.

1 comment:

  1. So you bought this one?? Hahaha! I saw it also on ebay. I'm glad it is in good hands!

    Kind regards,
    Arno

    ReplyDelete