Thursday 3 May 2012

Some recent acquisitions.

My collecting of Peterson Pipe paraphernalia has recently become somewhat prolific and eclectic,as can be seen in the accompanying photo.
My good friend Chuck Wright identified a rather unique Peterson item on e-bay recently.It was listed as an Oak wood musical Peterson Pipe Tool  box. It duly arrived here to the 'Pete Bog' and was identified as a musical cigarette or cigar box, which has been converted to a small tool box. It has the Peterson marks on the base and plays the old Scot's tune 'The Sky Boat Song'. It has a clockwork mechanism.
I am a sucker for the XL02 shape,so when I spotted this nice 'Red' Sterling silver example I just had to have it,nice addition to my smoking rotation!
Next was a rare opportunity to acquire a pipe knife which I have always lusted after, the French masterpiece Laguiole.There are not too many for sale these days.
I was fortunate to spot this one when it came up for sale on the Alpascia site.It was 1 of 3, they have all been sold within the week!




2 comments:

  1. ah, you did got that box, great! I was on it as well, always good to see it in a fellow collector's house!
    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  2. It now has a good home Phil.

    ReplyDelete