Thursday 12 August 2010

Unusual System Pipe

One of my favourite E-bay sellers is Bonds of Oxford Street.They manage to find some rarer interesting, unsmoked, older Petes from old shop stock.
I was surfing their site recently and spotted an unusual System from the 1970's.It was an unsmoked 312 Smooth Standard which had a bowl with carved facets and rustication combined.

I am told that it maybe originated from the Peterson London based factory which closed in the late eighties.
As usual the quality of briar used during this period is outstanding.I would have assumed that when a pipe is done in this style that there are probably faults or fills in evidence,however having been over it pretty thoroughly I can find none.
From a tactile point of view,it is brilliant in the hand,very comfortable to hold.
Like a few things from Petersons past,I would hope that one day,they may reconsider resurrecting this style.

No comments:

Post a Comment